Archive for August, 2011
Join MVVMA for it’s September Meeting and Training.
Wednesday, September 14th at 8:15 am
Fresh Start Market
Got training for staff or other community members coming up? Are you new to the training role or has it been awhile? Uncomfortable in front of a group? Trying to recall all those “rights and wrongs” you’ve learned about training over the years? Never fret! Our experienced panel of trainers have a combined total of over 50 years training on the job, and have they got some tips for you!
Join us to discuss topics like:
1) Pre-training assessment (what to know ahead of time about your audience, the room, the day’s agenda, your equipment, preparing back-up plans)
2) How to avoid delivering a speech and make training “hands-on!” (props, games, activities, methodologies for grouping and turning the room around to get your audience talking);
3) Tricks for dealing with challenging learners;
4) How to engage a larger group when learners are at obvious different levels of background/knowledge – how do you tailor the training to what they need to know? Walk away with good resource lists and a bag of tips, tricks and tools for your training toolbox!Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
It’s that time of year again! Help HandsOn build decide its programs for the next year. Please take this 7 question survey. We are here to assist you! Tell us what we can do to help!
Did you miss one of the HandsOn Connect trainings in early August? Have no fear! There are still plenty of opportunities to get the support you need as you learn the system. Below are a few options.
- You can hop on the system and explore it on your own. The entire training manual is available under the Documents tab when you log in.
- You can set up a one on one meeting with a HandsOn staff person. We will walk you through the basics and be there to answer questions.
- We plan to host another training opportunity in October. If you still are struggling, come by and we will work together to figure it out! Training dates and times will be available soon.
We would like to send an extra special thank you out to everyone who attended one of the HandsOn Connect trainings. Your patience as we work out the bugs in the system is also very much appreciated.
- You can access the entire training manuel under the documents tab of the partner portal. Simply log in to download it.
- We are here for you! Give us a call if you get stuck! We are all still learning and will figure it out together.
- We will offer another technology training opportunity for partners in October. The agenda will be much less formal. That way you can get extra help in just the sections you need it. You are also welcome to send additional staff members who might use the system as well. Dates and times will be available soon.
Join us for a one year AmeriCorps VISTA position. We are seeking a motivated individual who has a passion for working with youth and is enthusiastic about volunteerism. This position will begin in November and run through the end of October 2012. Our goal with this position is to increase service engagement of under-resourced youth in a low-income neighborhood, as a pilot for how we might support an asset-based approach to engagement across our region.